Labfolder offers users two Apps for data validation, Sign & Witness and Signature Workflows:
- The free Sign & Witness App allows you to sign and request 1 more witness.
- Signature Workflows, however, is a paid upgrade designed to create complex validation workflows, including multiple witnesses and the option to comment on approval or rejection actions.
In order to apply the Sign & Witness process, you need to have a non-private project shared with at least one other member, and both parties need to have the Sign & Witness add-on activated (Navigate: MANAGE > Apps). Apart from this, you need to follow the steps below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Once you have completed your entry, choose Sign entry from the vertical-dots menu.
- You can either sign With password or With handwritten signature, screenshot showing password option.
- Once you have clicked SIGN, you can witness this entry by clicking or through DASHBOARD > Witnessing.
- The first signature successfully applied will be visible like so.
Inviting a Witness
- To have someone witness, you will have to invite your designated candidate to be assigned and notified: choose Send entry to witness from the vertical-dots menu.
- Choose an applicable candidate from the list. If the list is not populated, you need to invite someone to the project in question to be eligible.
- The invitation will be accessible through DASHBOARD > Witnessing.
- Clicking an entry of the Witnessing assignment list will open a window much like your usually Labfolder view, albeit with just the one Entry and a WITNESS button at bottom center of the screen. It will also show the first signature.
- Clicking WITNESS will open a screen like the one for Sign entry, only this time titled Witness entry. Same details apply.
- After having executed WITNESS, the Entry will now show two signatures.