To insert a spreadsheet into a text element and create a graphical visualisation for the table, as you are used to doing in Excel, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Add table element icon in the element toolbar or drag the icon to the place where your table element should be located.
- In case you have clicked, continue with the next step, please. In case you opted for drag and drop you will see this. Here, you click on the pencil icon in the upper right corner of the element to start the editing.
- For editing, the usual (online) spreadsheet functions are available.
- You may want to start editing by giving your table a name by entering it into the cell at the top.
- You can use function buttons in the toolbar to perform common calculations or create charts.
- Click the floppy disk icon in the upper right corner to save all changes made.
Create charts from data stored in your table element.
- Click on the little pencil icon to start editing.
- Select the data you would like to represent with a graph and click on the graph icon.
- Choose INSERT > Chart from the menu and the desired chart out of the pop-up menu.
- You can further edit the resulting chart by clicking it.
- Confirm with the floppy disk icon in the upper right corner to save all changes.
- You can always resume editing by clicking on the pencil icon or double-clicking the table element.