Well Plate Templates is an app that is available for the Labfolder Advanced Version. These templates allow you to select from different well plate layouts in order to collect data from multi-well experiments more efficiently.
To get more information about this app you can alternatively watch this video or visit the dedicated Well Plate Template webpage. More information about the general use of (well) templates can be found here.
Insert Well Plate Templates
To insert Well Plate Templates please follow the steps below:
Note: The Well Plate Templates app comes pre-activated in the Advanced Version. You can choose to Activate or Deactivate via Manage > Apps.
- Click on the NOTEBOOK and create an entry
- To create a well plate element click on the Well Plate icon in the element toolbar.
Tip: If your entry is not empty you can drag the Well Plate element to the place where you want it located.
- Left-click on the well plate format you want to use.
- Upon selecting your desired well plate template size, the editor view opens. You will be able to edit the first layer of your well plate layout.
- Name your layer.
- Choose the zoom in which you want to edit the template.
- Undo and Redo changes.
- Change the colours of your Well Identifiers.
- Insert numerical or descriptive values to specify individual well conditions.
- Define units for the entire layer of your well plate.
- Change the color of your well plate layer.
- Copy several values together, e.g. a complete row.
- Add as many layers as you need.
- Choose well identifiers by right-clicking on a specific well and left-click on the desired identifier. It will be executed across all layers.
- Select the composite layer to overview your entire well plate.
- An overview of the different layers is shown in the legend.
Download Well Plate Templates
To download Well Plate Templates follow the steps below:
- Click on the download symbol in the upper right corner of the respective Well Plate Element.
- Chose the file format from the drop-down menu, e.g. "Excel". Download starts as you click.