Labregister features seven pre-configured Attribute types to choose from:
- Barcode will be generated from either the Item ID or from scanned or typed in barcodes.
- Date is accepting a calendar date. If the desired date is not immediately accepted, first take the proposed and then change this to the desired one.
- Dropdown (with at least two freely definable values) will be created.
- Hyperlink will be created from a web address entered. This is meant for linking resources, repositories, and references. An alternative text, however, is currently not possible.
- Long text is meant for really verbose descriptions of over 200 characters. Usually "Short text" is long enough.
- Number is accepting numerical values only. No units, etc. Values with units will be "Short text".
- Short text is the default input field for text or alpha-numeric entries for up to 200 characters.