A picture is often worth a thousand words. For this reason, it is useful to attach files of or related to an Item. This article describes for a png file how it is done in Labregister.
Note: You can attach all kinds of files, actually. Only for some, however, there will be a preview available. These are currently GIF, PDF, PNG, and JPEG (or JPG) files.
- Click either the Item ID or the name of the respective Item.
- Click on EDIT, then on FILES. If you first click on FILES and then on EDIT, you will need to click on FILES again.
- You can now either open the file management dialogue of your system or copy and paste the targeted files.
- Once the targeted files are uploaded, click SAVE to finish.
- Clicking one attached file opens a pop-up with attachment details.
- Category item table will show whether files are attached and if so, how many.
Tip: To view the attached files, just click on the number next to the paper clip. All attached files are downloadable, either individually (download icon visible on mouse-over) or all together ("DOWNLOAD ALL"):