For a local installation of the Labforward product/s, the underlying system has to meet the following requirements:
- Min. 16 GB RAM
- Hard drive min. 500 GB (higher data volumes require the installation of more hard drive space)
- Linux Operating System, we test against and fully support the most recent version of Ubuntu OS.
- Docker CE in the latest version for running the labfolder application package on physical or virtual servers
- MySQL database, version 5.7.x latest generally available version. MariaDB is not officially supported.
- Connection to e-mail server with SMTP protocol and an e-mail account for the sending of notifications to users (optional, if you do not want to use labfolder’s mail server)
- static IP address
- for remote installation, updates and maintenance: remote access (via SSH, root privileges not required)
- Operating System that is compatible with the latest version of Docker. We recommend Ubuntu 64bit 18.04 (LTS).
Docker CE 17.12.1 (or later), or Docker EE 19.03 (or later)
Connection to e-mail server with SMTP protocol and an e-mail account for the sending of notifications to users
For remote installation, updates, and maintenance: remote access (via SSH, root privileges required)
Software Updates will be distributed for self-installation, with the possibility to request remote assistance for the installation. Software updates of the operating system and external software components are within the responsibility of the customer.